Monday, July 28, 2014

Building your kit one coupon at at time...

Hi everyone,

Welcome back to Makeup Connect with Dominique. Lately, I have received a lot of questions on how I am able to purchase makeup at such a reduced price. Well, the answer is simple... as a savvy shopper, I always buy makeup when its marked down, buy one get one 50% off, of course when Ulta has their $3.50 off $10.00 coupon, really great sale, and when there is a extra care buck or register reward involved. I really want to emphasize to everyone that couponing for makeup is NOT tedious, mundane, or overwhelmingly time investing. In fact, when I coupon for makeup, I usually have a few coupons. Sometimes I print the coupons from coupons.com or I clip them from a Sunday's newpaper. Also, please note that sales are regional. Meaning, if there is a sale at CVS this week for 50% all L'Oreal products does not necessarily imply that your CVS which is more than likely in another state will have the same deal. So always keep that in mind. It is best to get at least one Sunday newspaper just to browse different sales at your local drugstores.

Now, the deal of the week!!!! Drum roll pleaseeeeeeeeeee. This week's beauty deal is Wet'nWild, my absolute favorite drugstore makeup. Where can you find a color like Panther for .99? Exactly! A few weeks ago we received a ww coupon for $1.00. Usually, I purchase 5-7 newspapers, but this week I purchased 10 because this was one of those "Hallelujah" moments.




Here, I purchased 6 wetnwild items and they all were under $1.00 at Wal-Mart. I had 6 $1.00 off coupons and because the items were .93 I ended up with a little overage which explains the -42. The -42 was applied to my subtotal. As you see the -42 was applied to my taxes and overall I paid .10 for ALL of the items. Yes, you heard it right .10 for ALL 6 items. Literary, .10 is practically in pennies at the bottom of our purses. As a makeup artist, I can add these shadows to my personal kit or to my travel kit for clients. In the next post I will show you a more realistic approach using only 1 coupon.

I really enjoy combining my passion and my hobby together. It has sparked an interest that I really enjoy blogging about.

Please be sure to share and subscribe to Makeup Connect with Dominique.

xoxo,

diva

No comments:

Post a Comment